(Photo: Tim Loveless)
The building of this ancient church was started in 1106 probably by St. Anselm, who owned the nearby Slindon ‘Palace’. Archbishop Langton (a signatory of the Magna Carta) died there in 1228.
Holy Communion (both Book of Common Prayer and Common Worship) is celebrated two or three times a month. There is a service in St Mary’s church every sunday following a monthly pattern: Prayer Book Matins with Holy Communion (1st Sunday 11.00 am); Family Service (2nd Sunday 10.00 am); Common Worship Holy Communion (3rd Sunday 11.00 am); and Prayer Book Evensong (4th Sunday 6.30 pm). There is also a thriving Children’s Church on the 4th Sunday of each month (10.00 am). There is usually an additional Holy Communion Service at 8.00 am on the 4th Sunday; and in months with five Sundays, there is a United Benefice Service on the 5th Sunday (10.00 am) either at St Mary’s or at one of our sister churches in Eartham and Madehurst. Full details are published each month in the Parish Magazine and posted on the church noticeboard.
Priest in Charge:-
The Venerable Philip Jones.
Tel: 01243 814275
Tony Richards, Tel: 01243 814735
Barbara Brimblecombe, Tel: 01243 814285
The church of St Richard’s was built in the 1865 and stands at the top of the village opposite Slindon College. It serves the Roman Catholic parish of Bognor Regis with Barnham and Slindon.
The church was designed by C.A. Butler and built by Robert Bushby of Littlehampton following a bequest by the Earl of Newburgh. There is a stained glass window to the memory of the Countess of Newburgh above the high alter. Although the Church is only 150 years old, the catholic mission in Slindon dates from the Reformation.
Mass is celebrated every Sunday at 9.00 a.m.
Father Anthony M.Churchill S.T.L (Priest in Charge) and Father Terry Martin Tel: 823619 Fax : 842718. email: firstname.lastname@example.org